At Fordham University’s Graduate School of Social Service (GSS), we’ve been preparing students like you to stand up for human rights and social justice for more than 100 years. Fordham GSS provides a foundation in the traditions of the social work profession while meeting the challenges of the future with a sophisticated interdisciplinary curriculum. Ranked among the best in the nation, our social work graduate programs offer a flexible, experiential education that will prepare you to change lives and transform communities.
If you’re ready to transform your ideals into a meaningful innovative career, we’re ready to help.
Fordham University Graduate School of Social Service (GSS) ranks among the nation’s best and largest. Offering one of the top Master of Social Work (M.S.W.) programs nationwide according to U.S. News & World Report—as well as an online M.S.W. ranked #1 by BestSchools.org—here you’ll benefit from a flexible, experiential educational environment that can help transform your passion for helping others into professional success. We offer:
- Accredited bachelor’s, master’s and doctorate degree programs in 3 convenient campuses.
- A distinguished faculty who are focused on student success.
- Flexible learning schedule and plans of study
- A wide variety of supervised field placements that give you the opportunity to put theory into practice.
The Fordham M.S.W. program can prepare you for a fulfilling, diverse, and flexible career as a social worker. It is also one of the country’s fastest-growing professions, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, with job openings expected to increase by 12 percent between 2014 and 2024.
Social work can take your career in a number of ways: from direct practice and community-based agencies to research, universities or businesses, or international nongovernment organizations (NGOs)—and more.
Why choose social work? Because it is a rewarding, growing career with many paths to explore your interests and a wealth of opportunities to help someone change their life for the better.
Leading the Change for a Better Tomorrow
Fordham University Graduate School of Social Service’s On-Campus Master of Social Work (M.S.W.) program is our traditional face-to-face program. Our on-campus M.S.W. program offers a future-focused curriculum, preparing students with advanced integrated practice that cut across populations and contexts.
Our M.S.W Program Offers Students:
- Flexible plans of study designed to meet the diverse needs of today’s students
- Three convenient campus locations: Manhattan, Westchester, and Long Island.
- Supervised field placements with one of the 12,000 agencies located throughout the New York metropolitan and tri-state area
- Advanced Standing Admission is available to qualified applicants who have earned a B.S.W. degree